Every vehicle owner has experienced the annoyance of worn-out wiper blades. Whether this takes the form of a streaky windshield during every rainstorm or an annoying squeak with every swish of the blades, it’s a simple problem to fix at Central Lube. Our technicians have ample experience changing wiper blades at our locations, which are only a short drive away from Raleigh, NC. Contact us today to set up an appointment by calling (919) 763-1377 (Clayton) or (919) 763-1378 (Smithfield).
Worn or damaged wipers are a serious danger to drivers, since at least 90 percent of driving decisions are made based on one’s view of the road. Replacing windshield wipers is an important step to take when ensuring the safety of yourself and everyone else in your vehicle. A number of causes can contribute to wear and tear on the blades, including the following:
- Exposure to sunlight and ozone: As the rubber in your wipers is exposed to sunlight, it breaks down and ages.
- Freezing winter weather: The cold temperatures in winter make windshield wiper blades hard and brittle and increase their tendency to crack.
- Hot summer temperatures: The summer heat in North Carolina warps the rubber in wiper blades, making them less efficient.
- Heavy use: Dust, abrasives, road grime, and bug juice can wear away the cutting edge of the blade.
- Road dirt: If you live on a dirt road or often drive through dusty areas, make sure to have your windshield wipers checked frequently, since the dirt can wear away the flat surface that’s necessary for a good squeegee effect.
- Time: Over time, rubber deteriorates. Blades will lose their flexibility and be unable to wipe cleanly. They may also develop a curvature, preventing full contact with the windshield itself.
Make an Appointment Today!
Getting a windshield wiper replacement annually is the best practice to follow, since the full cycle of seasons can put a considerable amount of wear on the blades. When you bring your vehicle in for its annual car inspection or routine oil change, our technicians will be able to tell you whether or not you need new blades. Our auto maintenance shops in Smithfield and Clayton carry replacement wiper blades in a variety of sizes, ranging from 12 to 28 inches.
Central Lube can also replace air filters and fuel filters, along with flushing transmissions and a wide range of other essential maintenance services. Contact us today at (919) 763-1377 (Clayton) or (919) 763-1378 (Smithfield) to replace your windshield wipers, and get a whole new view of the road.