The importance of your car’s fuel filter cannot be underestimated. Unfiltered gasoline and diesel can contain all sorts of contaminants. If these aren’t removed before entering the system, they can cause severe, lasting damage. If it’s been several years since your filter has been checked, contact Central Lube today at (919) 763-1377 (Clayton) or (919) 763-1378 (Smithfield). Our locations are just a short drive away from Raleigh, North Carolina and provide maintenance services at affordable prices.
Five Symptoms of a Clogged Fuel Filter
There are a number of ways to tell if your vehicle needs a fuel filter replacement. Here are a few of the most frequent symptoms:
- Your car refuses to start. Fuel filters can become so blocked that it’s impossible for the fuel to flow from the gas tank to the engine.
- It takes considerable time for your car to start. This occurs when the filter is partially clogged, making it harder for fuel to reach the engines.
- The engine stalls frequently. A clogged filter can contribute to engine stalling, since a constant flow of fuel is required to keep the engine running efficiently. The engine may also sound rough while idling.
- The engine hesitates during acceleration. If your vehicle responds slowly when you attempt to accelerate, the problem may be the abnormal fuel flow that results from a partially clogged filter.
- The engine’s performance is erratic. With the uneven fuel flow that results from a clogged filter, the engine can behave inconsistently, operating at reduced levels when driving the car at lower speeds.
Fuel filters need to be maintained and inspected at regular intervals. This process usually involves simply disconnecting the filter from the fuel line and replacing it. The technicians at www.central-lube.com have experience changing fuel filters for many types of vehicles in the Raleigh area, including both gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles.
Make an Appointment!
If you’re due for an oil change or your annual car inspection, ask us to take a look at the fuel filter at the same time. We’ll be able to tell you whether or not you need a replacement. In addition to our fuel filter change services, we also offer air filter replacements, coolant flushes, and fuel injector cleaning, along with a variety of other auto services. Contact us today to learn more about our services and specials, and set up an appointment at one of our locations near Raleigh in Smithfield or Clayton, NC by calling (919) 763-1377 (Clayton) or (919) 763-1378 (Smithfield).